Friday, August 14, 2009

Good Summer Reads...

One thing I love about the summer is that it seems to always bring to the surface a good book or two. I've been struck and moved this summer by a book that I would have never picked at a conference or at Border's. The name of the book is "Why Revival Tarries" by Leonard Ravenhill. It's an old school book with a relevant punch. It really challenged me in regards to my prayer life as a leader and as a teacher. What book has moved and challenged you this summer?

I'm interested in knowing what's the most impactful book that you've read this summer.

List the book name and author and let us know why you were such a fan of it.

Jeff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Great Omission" by Dallas Willard

JR said...

"Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl" by ND Wilson. You can catch my review here: http://battlingunbelief.blogspot.com/2009/07/book-review-notes-from-tilt-whirl.html

"The Unforgiving Minute" by Craig Mullaney was a very interesting quasi-memoir. Good vacation book.

I also enjoyed "Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective" It sounds deep, but its a collection of essays so its fairly accessible.

the strength said...

"Stand Against the Wind" by Erwin McManus

Casey said...

the hole in the gospel

NIV's Application Commentary on 1 John

10 things stupid churches do

Gene Getz's study on Nehemiah

Fighting the Gospel